Survivors Fund (SURF) works with survivor’s organisations to develop and deliver, fundraise and advocate for, monitor and evaluate programmes to deliver justice, rebuild the lives and empower survivors of the Rwandan genocide.
The vision of Survivors Fund (SURF) is a world where the rights of survivors are respected.
The Guiding Principles of SURF are:
- SURF’s is committed to survivors and partners in Rwanda is long term.
- SURF is independent and flexible in its response to the priorities of survivors.
- SURF aims to support activities that are successful and sustainable.
- SURF aims to build capacity of its partners to deliver programmes.
The focus for the work of Survivors Fund (SURF) is:
- Enforcing the rights of survivors, and legal representation in Rwanda
- Raising funding specifically for survivors from the international community
- Advocating for and delivering restorative justice programmes for survivors
- Increasing the number of survivors with secure and sustainable livelihoods
- Securing access for more survivors to essential services (including health)
- Ensuring investment in education of survivors, and their dependants