Every three years, the partners, trustees and staff of Survivors Fund (SURF) undertake a review of our work to date, and develop a strategic plan for our work ahead. We discuss what are the proiorities for survivors now and likely in the three year period ahead, and what resources we have as an organisation to help address them.
Over the coming weeks, we will be publishing here background on the context of our work in areas such as justice, social protection, health and mental health. All of which informs our planning.
The Strategic Plan is informed by our partners, and the survivors that they represent. It sets out a demanding but exciting agenda of support to our partners. It will deliver greater impact for those we are seeking to help. By balancing our programmes, advocacy work and capacity building with our fundraising, monitoring and evaluation we will increase our reach and build greater support for our work. The Strategic Plan will be continuously monitored to inform the future direction and development of Survivors Fund (SURF).
Our key themes and targets for 2024 – 2028 will be:
Direct support for rehabilitation
- Secure sustainable livelihoods for survivors and related vulnerable persons through a focus on income generating activities, entrepreneurship and employment.
- Improve the well-being and resilience of survivors and related vulnerable groups through a focus on mental health provision, physical health information and commemoration.
- Reduce the vulnerability of survivors and related vulnerable persons through a focus on decent housing, food security, renewable energy sources and elderly care.
Organisational support for regeneration
- Empower survivor organisations in Rwanda to advocate for justice and security for survivors and related vulnerable persons.
- Enable survivor organisations in Rwanda to be more sustainable over the long-term.
We look forward to reporting on our progress ahead.